- 1 large butternut squash, halved lengthways
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- 500g ricotta
- 4 tblsp grated parmesan plus extra to serve
- 1 medium egg with an extra yolk
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Scoop out and discard the seeds from the squash. Score the flesh and season then scatter with caraway seeds and olive oil. Cover with foil and roast for 1-1.5 hours.
- Cool squash until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- Fill a large bowl with baby spinach then scoop out flesh from the butternut and cover the spinach with it. Season and stir to combine and leave the bowl to wilt the spinach for 5-10 minutes
- Mix the ricotta, parmesan, sage and seasoning with egg and egg yolk then gently stir through the squash and spinach mix.
- Spoon into 2 small casserole dishes, scatter with parmesan and bake for 20-25 minutes.