We are currently trialling a new Autumn menu which included this soup with two cheese crackers with chia seeds.
Incredibly simple soup but by far one of our children’s favourites!
2 large butternut squash
2 red onions
handful fresh sage
2 litres vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Cut red onion into wedges and peel, deseed and dice butternut squash then roast with the onion for 35 minutes or until soft
- Blitz vegetable mix with stock in a blender
- Scatter sage leaves in roasting dish and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up
- Scatter crispy sage leaves on top to serve or if you have children who will balk at the green, pop the crispy leaves into the blend and blitz until smooth
Little Forest Folk