After the gluttony of Christmas we're feeling like upping our veg intake to compensate for gluttony over the festive period… ;-)
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sweet potato puree
3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Peel and chop approximately 2 large sweet potatoes and roast whilst you measure out the rest of your ingredients.
- Blitz your sweet potato into a puree.
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a mixer to save time, cream together butter, honey and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Stir in the sweet potato puree and mix until smooth.
- Beat in the dry ingredients in small quantities until well combined.
- Drop heaped tablespoons onto a tray lined with baking paper, leaving a space between the mixtures as the biscuits will spread. Bake for 18 mins then cool on the baking tray.