In honour of the return of the Great British Bake Off on our screens tonight we thought we'd share one of our fabulous treats we bake for our Little Forest Folk.
Let your little one join in the baking too. It'll be worth the mess = lots of fun ;-)
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
2/3 cup honey
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips/raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together softened coconut oil and honey. Beat until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Don't overmix. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips/raisins.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, 2-inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and soft in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.