With the approach of the traditionally coldest time of year coinciding with the desire for a fresh new year start of adopting healthy lifestyle choices, our menus for January are chocca full of nutritious and healthy seasonal vegetables whilst also containing lots of pulses and grains to ensure we are giving ourselves and our children bags of energy for their forest fun! :-)
- 1kg beef skirt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 diced potatoes
- 6 carrots, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the diced beef into a heatproof casserole dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and
- stir to coat meat with flour mixture.
- Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth,
- potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Place in the oven for 1-2 hours until meat and vegetables are tender.