- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 3 x 400g tin butter beans
- 1200ml tomato passata
- 1.5 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- flat leaf parsley chopped finely
- 1 small boneless pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees.
- Place pork shoulder in a baking tin, pour over stock, wrap tightly with foil and slow roast for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, stir in chopped onion and cook for 5 mins. Add butter beans, passata, beef stock, paprika and simmer for 10 minutes. Add parsley.
- Pull apart pork with 2 forks and serve with baked beans.
For grown ups, I highly recommend a paprika, salt and brown sugar rub on top of pork and a bit of white wine and chicken stock underneath whilst it's roasting... yum!!