500g maris piper potatoes
700g sweet potatoes
80g butter (or dairy free equivalent)
3 cloves of garlic
2 sticks of celery
1 red pepper
2 tablespoons of thyme leaves
10 sun dried-tomatoes
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
150ml vegetable stock
1 x sachet of Merchant Gourmet ready to eat puy lentils
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 lemon, zest of
60g fresh breadcrumbs
30g finely grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and sweet potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes then add the sweet potatoes until both are tender. Mash with butter, season and set aside.
- Finely dice the onion, carrots, garlic cloves and celery. Cook in olive oil over a medium heat until soft, scattering thyme leaves over after 5 minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms, red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Add to the pan along with the vinegar. Cook for another 10 minutes then add stock, lentils and chickpeas and summer for 5-10 minutes. Season then transfer to a baking dish.
- Mix the fresh breadcrumbs with parmesan, lemon zest and fresh rosemary.
- Spoon the mash over the vegetables, then scatter breadcrumbs over the top and bake for 12 minutes.
We will be serving this with garden peas. Enjoy!
Little Forest Folk