These cakes are deliciously moist as they are so for children I usually serve like this but for adults I make a cheeky brandy butter icing to finish off the cakes - delicious! ;-)
225g unsalted butter
225g golden caster sugar
4 large eggs
250g mincemeat from your stir it up Sunday
210g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar then add the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the mincemeat until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, cornflour and baking powder but be careful not to over mix.
- Divide between cases in a muffin tin, filling to 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 mins
Have a look at some of our other delicious recipes